Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Home theater project approaching goal

It's been more than a month since the last time I blogged something...bad me. So now I thought I'd write a short update on how my home theater project is going.

Last weekend I finally was able to take the first smoke out of the system. My setup includes
- Denon A/V receiver AVR-1909
- XBOX 360 (non-HDMI version) which acts also as DVD player for now
- Optoma HD80 projector
- Grandview Cyber screen 95x170cm
- 8 years old Audio Pro speakers (5+1)
- Leather 2+1 recliner (the back rest of the middle seat turns down into table)

I am impressed. The gaming experience has totally changed compared to 37" LCD that I used before. The picture is not just big (around 72") but it's very clear. Also the old DVDs look so much better than they used to. The scaling works very well on the Denon receiver. And the sound Denon produces through my old speakers is just amazing...I dind't know they could sound this good...my old JVC receiver must have been a total junk.

The recliner is just awesome as I can watch a long movie without any pains in my back. I have a bad back so this isn't the case with a regular coach or sofa.

I'm still missing some important components of the theater though. The most important piece is drapes for the window and the double doors with windows. Currently I can't really use the theater when it is not dark outside. Another important missing piece is Blueray player. I haven't decided if it should be PS3 or just a Blu-ray player.
I'm also planning to buy a media streamer but it is not all that important.

When I have the whole thing ready with decor and all I'll supply a picture here :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When writing something to internet you subject yourself to the attacks of the grammar nazis, so here's one of those :). It's not blueray, it's blu-ray.

Marko OK said...

Yuo're right about both things by brother. I've got to fix the typo.