Thursday, February 10, 2011

New toy, Lynx Rave SC 600 E-TEC


I went riding yesterday with my new snowmobile, Lynx Rave SC 600 E-TEC, 2011. I drove a bit above 80 km, Ouluntulli-Muhos-Ouluntulli, and the trail was in the usual condition which means quite worn out and bumpy. I must say that based on the first experience the new sled is absolutely great. My old one, 2006 Lynx X-Trim 600 SDI, was so heavy and clumsy in tight corners. The new sled is tens of kilos lighter and the driving position is improved. I also invested in better suspension and better skis than in the original SC 600. And already now without any adjustments the package worked really good for me. I guess I'm the average size so the default settings work pretty good for me.

Also the wind shield is just the right size. It's big enough to actually cover you from the wind and yet it's not too big so it would look like a sail. It was -15 C degrees yesterday and it didn't feel cold at all. And I'm really not interested in driving in much colder conditions.

There were only two issues I noticed. First of all either the seat is really slippery or my new pants are more slippery than the old ones. And I keep hitting my right knee painfully to the edge of the hole in the hood for the starting device. So I need to buy knee pads but I was planning to buy those anyway.

I can't wait to get the breaking in phase to end so I get to use the full potential of the engine. Only 400 km to go to that :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pikes rule!