Monday, February 4, 2008

Busy Saturday

So I was @ Iso-Syöte on Saturday with my family. My daughter learned to snowboard a lot better than before. Now she can actually make several turns in a row without turning the board sideways first. And my son has become too fast on skis for my wife...she can't keep up with him :)

I finally got to test ride the old and used Burton Custom, my new Burton boots and Giro helmet (see couple of earlier blog entries). The boots were fantastic and the helmet was ok. For the first hour or so I had some problems with the left boot as my little toe was getting numb, but then I guess the boot adjusted to my foot. The Giro helmet was otherwise great but my goggles didn't fit with it perfectly. The old Burton Custom board doesn't really look too pretty and it has some scratches on it, but boy how great it was to ride compared to the rental boards I've only ridden so far. I might actually buy it.

At the Saturday evening we were back to Oulu and we went out with my wife. First we had dinner in Marrakech restaurant which was great. Not only the food was tasteful and the Menu dishes huge, they also had belly dance performances :)
After the dinner we went to see Angelit concert. They were good as always but by far the best thing about the concert was that there were a lot of people from Utsjoki that now live in Oulu.

No comments: