Friday, February 1, 2008

Snowboarding boots and a helmet

I went shopping today for some snowboarding stuff. I bought myself Burton Moto boots and a Giro G9 helmet. The lacing system used in certain Burton models including Moto seems fantastic. The G9 helmet fits at least my head very well and its' got good adjustment possibilities. I would have preferred matte black color though but they didn't have it so I got me a grey (ash) one.

I'm really looking forward to get to test especially the shoes. It'll be also interesting to see how the Burton Custom snowboard I have from a colleague for testing works for me. I'm afraid it's a bit too short for me, the board is 160 cm while I'm 179 cm and 80 kg. I'm also expecting to ride quite a lot in powder while I'm in Utsjoki during my winter vacations. I'm also a bit concerned about the potential toe dragging problem. This board isn't really wide and my shoe size is 9.5/42.5. So the board certainly isn't ideal for me, it should be 162-164 cm, but if the price is very good and toe dragging isn't a problem I might keep it.

Well, I'll be that much wiser after this weekend. I hope the weather is good tomorrow in Iso-Syƶte.

No comments: