Monday, March 10, 2008

Lynx's drive shaft busted

My Lynx X-Trim 600 SDi's drive shaft was broke in two last Thursday. I had no idea that could happen, this is apparently a rather rare defect. Anyway I'm glad I wasn't too far away from the road. Big thanks to Mikko for towing my sled to roadside. We put a tarpaulin under the track of my sled to make it slide better and thus easier to tow (as the track was jammed and didn't roll). Little Ski-doo Tundra had to work hard to drag my quite heavy snowmobile for 1.5 km even though it was mostly downhill :)

Anyway, now I'm waiting for Tuovilan Gummi, the Lynx service in Ivalo, to check the reason for the drive shaft getting broken. If there are no marks for an impact from a rock or something, then this should be covered by the warranty although the sled is already 2 years and one month old. I can't remember hitting any rock like that so this should be a clear case. I just hope they get the sled fixed well in time for easter.

No comments: