Friday, March 14, 2008

Price tag of the Lynx 's broken drive shaft

Earlier this week I received a call from Tuovilan Gummi. They had investigated the damage on my snowmobile. I have no idea what all those parts that need to be changed are in english but here's the list partly in Finnish:
- drive shaft
- both drive wheels (only the other was really damaged, but they both are changed)
- seal from the gauge unit end of the drive shaft
- liukukiskot (sliding bars???)
- Chain box oil.

The parts cost ~700 € and the work ~300 €. When I heard this I told the guy from the service company that the warranty of the sled had only expired about a month ago and that it's only been driven for 2400 km. So this should be covered by the warranty. The guy pormised to check if there are any marks of heavy impact on the driving wheels and verify the mileage and come back to me. Then he called me again after a few hours and told the good news - I'd only need to pay for the liukukiskot and chain box oil. Phew...what a relief :)

Now I'm expecting to have my snow ride to be ready well before easter.

No comments: